What if you were ahead of your time like a Da Vinci or an Edison? The world may mistake your genius for crazy or disregard it completely while you grow numb to its ignorance. That might be the case for Rhymesayers Entertainment‘s newest signee, deM atlaS, as explained in his debut single. On All We Got, the Minnesota emcee invites you into his bizarre world of walking into Camelot through black holes and a dimension where JFK still has his head intact. I guess that’s what happens when you read books until your mind grows dumb? For his first Booth feature, a creative PSA on being different and proud, deM atlaS lays down a cheerful beat that he co-produced with Soundsmith the Programmer, while EJ Films captures unconventional shots of the young artist that would make any elementary school portrait photographer lose it. But it’s all about looking at things in a different perspective, right?
Written by Bryan H on 05/11/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.