Whereas most rappers, if offered any drink their heart could desire, might request Patron, Hennessy or Rozay, DeLorean prefers a simple yet sophisticated styrofoam cup of Soda Water. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest single off the artist’s next studio album is a whip-ready banger which finds the H-Town rhymesayer playing on the double meaning of the title phrase: in addition to being a refreshing beverage (and an ingredient in some varieties of purple drank), refers to the mix of baking soda and water used in the process of cooking crack cocaine. In addition to the headliner’s own cagey street lyricism, delivered over the slow-rolling sample work of Booth fave DJ Burn One, the record boasts guest rhymes by two prominent region-mates; fellow H-Town representative Paul Wall follows DeLorean’s opener with a flossed-out middle verse, Queen City, Mississippi rhymesayer Big Sant paints a grimier portrait of the hustle on the third verse and Dirty South legend E.S.G. handles the fourth verse. Still thirsty? More is right around the corner—Mucho Caliente is set to hit the net for free download next Tuesday, June 26.
Written by richard on 06/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bust Ah Move" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.