DeLorean without diamonds hanging from his chain, Moet in his cup and a beautiful woman around his arm is like a square circle—logically impossible. Flyness is what defines the Houston emcee and, as such, you won’t spot him looking like anything less than a baller. Released along with visuals by Michael Artis, this single finds the artist recruiting three fellow H-Town fast-risers to pay tribute to the fast life and the flashy accoutrements that come with it. Memphis heavyweight Drumma Boy does his thing behind the boards, blending clicking hi-hats, thumping bass and imperious brass to back the emcee as he trades swag-soaked bars with Marcus Manchild, Doughbeezy and Propain. Feeling it? More whip-ready jams await on DeLorean’s Hood Politics Vol. 3 street album, digitally released this past March.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bust Ah Move" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.