As any self-respecting movie aficionado will tell you, the DeLorean is a time-traveling vehicle made by Dr. Emmett Brown, Christopher Lloyd’s mad scientist from the Back to the Future trilogy. It’s also the name of a certain Lone Star State emcee, who gets back to the feature with Breathe, his first since August’s I Keep That. The title is a little ironic because, considering how much he’s been smoking, it might be hard to do just that. Backed by the airy, intricate production of Mr. Rogers, DeLorean (who shares managers with Booth fave Big K.R.I.T), showcases a laid-back yet powerful flow as he takes us on a geographical tour of his black book; from a B.K. girl who loves his accent to his college chick, a junior at Tennessee State. Eager to hear a full album from the H-Town emcee? Don’t start holding your breath just yet, because GRACE is currently unscheduled. Fans can, however, keep it locked for further details on the project, as well as all the latest tunes.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view DeLorean’s Chad Tennies-directed Breathe visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/13
Houston rhymesayer DeLorean has unleashed his latest street album, GRACE. The artist's first project of 2013, the 19-track LP follows last year's independently-released Hood Politics 3. Heralded by singles "Breathe," "Go...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bust Ah Move" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.