While the popular notion that men are only interested in sex is greatly exaggerated (Food, sports and video games also factor in), fellas are all-too-often the ones to rush the physical side of a relationship. On her first Booth feature and latest single, R&B singer Delonda gently cautions a man who persistently tries to push the boundaries: “If my love is Good Enough to have you doin’ dishes, my love is good enough to have you cooking breakfast, my love is good enough to have you runnin’ up in Gucci, Prada, Louis, my love is good enough for you to wait.” Over singer/songwriter/beatsmith Mario Winans’ resonant synth-bells and understated guitar riffs, the Face Music Group crooner proceeds to express her frustration with “puttin’ in all this work,” for nothing in return, pleading with him to “focus on us,” and trust that the rest will come in time. So, readers, is this Good Enough to have you waiting with bated breath for new music from the New Orleans soul songstress? Stay tuned—while this record has yet to be attached to a forthcoming project, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Ms. Harvey in the near future.
Written by richard on 10/10/11
Submit your Rating
Face Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.