While the popular notion that men are only interested in sex is greatly exaggerated (Food, sports and video games also factor in), fellas are all-too-often the ones to rush the physical side of a relationship. On her first Booth feature and latest single, R&B singer Delonda gently cautions a man who persistently tries to push the boundaries: “If my love is Good Enough to have you doin’ dishes, my love is good enough to have you cooking breakfast, my love is good enough to have you runnin’ up in Gucci, Prada, Louis, my love is good enough for you to wait.” Over singer/songwriter/beatsmith Mario Winans’ resonant synth-bells and understated guitar riffs, the Face Music Group crooner proceeds to express her frustration with “puttin’ in all this work,” for nothing in return, pleading with him to “focus on us,” and trust that the rest will come in time. So, readers, is this Good Enough to have you waiting with bated breath for new music from the New Orleans soul songstress? Stay tuned—while this record has yet to be attached to a forthcoming project, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Ms. Harvey in the near future.
Written by richard on 10/10/11
Submit your Rating
Face Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.