Though Calor De La Salsa (The Heat Of Salsa) and Nasty Girl made DeLon the first artist of Sri Lankan descent to earn a spot on the US Billboard charts, the L.A.-based rapper/singer is even better-known for his remix of Paper Planes, on which he exposed M.I.A.‘s alleged ties with the Tamil Tigers terrorist group—though some predicted the contentious cut would sink his career, the result was the opposite: the controversy only attracted more fans to his Movement. On The Doo Wop, a track off his forthcoming junior album, The Booth newcomer showcases his sung and rapped vocal stylings as he asks a special lady to “Be Mine.” The Jam add to the crossover appeal with a catchy beat reminiscent of Dr. Dre‘s boardwork on Eminem‘s We Made You. If you, too, want to join The Movement, simply pick up a copy of DeLon’s fourth full-length when it hits record stores and online retailers on September 1st.
Written by Burmy on 07/30/09
Submit your Rating
Ceylon Records/Bungalo/Universal Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.