Though Calor De La Salsa (The Heat Of Salsa) and Nasty Girl made DeLon the first artist of Sri Lankan descent to earn a spot on the US Billboard charts, the L.A.-based rapper/singer is even better-known for his remix of Paper Planes, on which he exposed M.I.A.‘s alleged ties with the Tamil Tigers terrorist group—though some predicted the contentious cut would sink his career, the result was the opposite: the controversy only attracted more fans to his Movement. On The Doo Wop, a track off his forthcoming junior album, The Booth newcomer showcases his sung and rapped vocal stylings as he asks a special lady to “Be Mine.” The Jam add to the crossover appeal with a catchy beat reminiscent of Dr. Dre‘s boardwork on Eminem‘s We Made You. If you, too, want to join The Movement, simply pick up a copy of DeLon’s fourth full-length when it hits record stores and online retailers on September 1st.
Written by Burmy on 07/30/09
Submit your Rating
Ceylon Records/Bungalo/Universal Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.