Though Calor De La Salsa (The Heat Of Salsa) and Nasty Girl made DeLon the first artist of Sri Lankan descent to earn a spot on the US Billboard charts, the L.A.-based rapper/singer is even better-known for his remix of Paper Planes, on which he exposed M.I.A.‘s alleged ties with the Tamil Tigers terrorist group—though some predicted the contentious cut would sink his career, the result was the opposite: the controversy only attracted more fans to his Movement. On The Doo Wop, a track off his forthcoming junior album, The Booth newcomer showcases his sung and rapped vocal stylings as he asks a special lady to “Be Mine.” The Jam add to the crossover appeal with a catchy beat reminiscent of Dr. Dre‘s boardwork on Eminem‘s We Made You. If you, too, want to join The Movement, simply pick up a copy of DeLon’s fourth full-length when it hits record stores and online retailers on September 1st.
Ceylon Records/Bungalo/Universal Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.