An L.A. hopeful whose style and sensibility are as out-of-the-ordinary as his spelling, ?eƒS?und is a hard artist to pin down. Anyone who’s listened to one of his previously-featured cuts, however, can attest to the fact that the man is †ruly . bright . On the latest leak off his forthcoming street album (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!), the up-and-comer offers listeners a guided tour of his inner space, sharing a perspective that’s fresh, bracing and always illuminating. Backed by Shlohmo‘s intimate, hazy sample work, ?eƒ mixes arch braggadocio with earnest reflections on art, politics and spirituality. While disillusionment colors his views on society (“Damn, we got a black President, but does it really matter if…? / I ain’t votin’ next time, quote me on that.”) he has nothing but gratitude for his fans: “Everybody tweeting just to talk to me, giving props to me… just want you to know it really means a lot to me.” Does this introspective jam leave you craving more food for thought? Then keep it locked for further leaks leading up to the arrival of ?eƒS?und’s next street album, mmmmmhmmmm.thee.bitchtape.ii., this summer.
Written by richard on 04/2/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.