His name may be impossible to spell without the use of some good ol’ fashioned copy and paste action, but that didn’t stop DJBooth users from rating ?eƒS?und’s debut on our pages, the experimental Lunar.Sun.Light!, with high marks. Sounds like we should bring the Los Angeles native back for another round and premiere his new joint What(ever), right? If you weren’t feeling relaxed before you pressed play you will be after hearing producer Nevin Thomas’ minimalist, well crafted, audio Valium of a beat. It’s the perfect backdrop for Amsterdam-based and vowel-enhanced singer Joya Mooi to softly croon the song’s title. For his part ?eƒ largely lets the record breathe, kicking in an equally chilled out verse that doesn’t hesitate to reach for some pretty out there references; I’m looking at you Elgin Lumpkin/Ginuwine. What(ever) your feelings on this slowly orbiting cut be sure to share them in the comments below, and keep an eye (and an ear) our for both Nevin Thomas’ debut project and ?eƒS?und ‘s The Apple Juice Break compilation, both which will house What(ever).
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.