His name may be impossible to spell without the use of some good ol’ fashioned copy and paste action, but that didn’t stop DJBooth users from rating ?eƒS?und’s debut on our pages, the experimental Lunar.Sun.Light!, with high marks. Sounds like we should bring the Los Angeles native back for another round and premiere his new joint What(ever), right? If you weren’t feeling relaxed before you pressed play you will be after hearing producer Nevin Thomas’ minimalist, well crafted, audio Valium of a beat. It’s the perfect backdrop for Amsterdam-based and vowel-enhanced singer Joya Mooi to softly croon the song’s title. For his part ?eƒ largely lets the record breathe, kicking in an equally chilled out verse that doesn’t hesitate to reach for some pretty out there references; I’m looking at you Elgin Lumpkin/Ginuwine. What(ever) your feelings on this slowly orbiting cut be sure to share them in the comments below, and keep an eye (and an ear) our for both Nevin Thomas’ debut project and ?eƒS?und ‘s The Apple Juice Break compilation, both which will house What(ever).
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.