With late September’s Child’s Play ?eƒS?und abandoned his previous features’ alt-R&B trimmings to put his eccentric rhyme style front-and-center. If you dug that freewheeling punchline-fest, well, it’s your lucky day—street album standout Dance.In.OUR.Minds. finds the L.A. representative once again on his instrumentally minimal, free-associative ish. An ambient, reverb-drenched percussion groove borrowed from James Blake sets the mood as ?eƒ invites us to “Say no to no” in deadpan verses. Lyrically, he mostly keeps it witty and pop referential (dig the Joey Lawrence name-drop), occasionally approaching the shaggy-dog wordplay of fellow rap eccentrics Das Racist: “The James Blake of mixtapes / Now I don’t know what that means / But n*gga I’m like nine things at nine times / but times that bout five times / round that up to 19 / loss of mind, don’t mind me / Nobody on my timeline can find me.” So, readers, is this joint “so mm-hm, [you] can’t say no”? More is on its way; watch for ?eƒS?und’s oooooooh!Thee.Mixtape. to arrive on the artist’s Bandcamp page tomorrow, October 13.
Written by richard on 10/12/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.