With late September’s Child’s Play ?eƒS?und abandoned his previous features’ alt-R&B trimmings to put his eccentric rhyme style front-and-center. If you dug that freewheeling punchline-fest, well, it’s your lucky day—street album standout Dance.In.OUR.Minds. finds the L.A. representative once again on his instrumentally minimal, free-associative ish. An ambient, reverb-drenched percussion groove borrowed from James Blake sets the mood as ?eƒ invites us to “Say no to no” in deadpan verses. Lyrically, he mostly keeps it witty and pop referential (dig the Joey Lawrence name-drop), occasionally approaching the shaggy-dog wordplay of fellow rap eccentrics Das Racist: “The James Blake of mixtapes / Now I don’t know what that means / But n*gga I’m like nine things at nine times / but times that bout five times / round that up to 19 / loss of mind, don’t mind me / Nobody on my timeline can find me.” So, readers, is this joint “so mm-hm, [you] can’t say no”? More is on its way; watch for ?eƒS?und’s oooooooh!Thee.Mixtape. to arrive on the artist’s Bandcamp page tomorrow, October 13.
Written by richard on 10/12/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.