Those who tuned in for Lunar.Sun.Light and What(Ever) are aware that ?eƒS?und can churn out out silky-smooth alt-rap/R&B bangers like nobody’s business, but what you may not yet know is that, when he’s not keeping it low-key, the man can really spit. In fact, rocking a mic is Child’s Play to the Los Angeles native, as he amply demonstrates on this freshly-minted single. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this left-of-center banger finds Haz Solo handling production duties, cooking up a lumbering, reverb-drenched beat (complete with thematically-appropriate “Yay!” samples on the hook) as the headliner drops bars laced with free-associative lyrical fire. In addition to stepping out from behind the boards to drop a witty middle 16, Solo joins the headliner for a little absurdist line-trading on the back: “Route 66 jeans, no detours or scenics” “Deporting all immigrants—I’m living in Phoenix.” Digging this “random” release? Then keep it locked for all the latest on ?eƒS?und’s Pure REcess LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.