Those who tuned in for Lunar.Sun.Light and What(Ever) are aware that ?eƒS?und can churn out out silky-smooth alt-rap/R&B bangers like nobody’s business, but what you may not yet know is that, when he’s not keeping it low-key, the man can really spit. In fact, rocking a mic is Child’s Play to the Los Angeles native, as he amply demonstrates on this freshly-minted single. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this left-of-center banger finds Haz Solo handling production duties, cooking up a lumbering, reverb-drenched beat (complete with thematically-appropriate “Yay!” samples on the hook) as the headliner drops bars laced with free-associative lyrical fire. In addition to stepping out from behind the boards to drop a witty middle 16, Solo joins the headliner for a little absurdist line-trading on the back: “Route 66 jeans, no detours or scenics” “Deporting all immigrants—I’m living in Phoenix.” Digging this “random” release? Then keep it locked for all the latest on ?eƒS?und’s Pure REcess LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.