Those who tuned in for Lunar.Sun.Light and What(Ever) are aware that ?eƒS?und can churn out out silky-smooth alt-rap/R&B bangers like nobody’s business, but what you may not yet know is that, when he’s not keeping it low-key, the man can really spit. In fact, rocking a mic is Child’s Play to the Los Angeles native, as he amply demonstrates on this freshly-minted single. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this left-of-center banger finds Haz Solo handling production duties, cooking up a lumbering, reverb-drenched beat (complete with thematically-appropriate “Yay!” samples on the hook) as the headliner drops bars laced with free-associative lyrical fire. In addition to stepping out from behind the boards to drop a witty middle 16, Solo joins the headliner for a little absurdist line-trading on the back: “Route 66 jeans, no detours or scenics” “Deporting all immigrants—I’m living in Phoenix.” Digging this “random” release? Then keep it locked for all the latest on ?eƒS?und’s Pure REcess LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.