Last year, Seattle beatsmith and Booth newcomer DEF DEE signed a development deal with the ever-impressive Mello Music Group and was given access to the label’s library of unreleased/unused music. His task was to produce a full-length album using the orphaned material. If you are a producer and your mouth isn’t watering at the thought of a whole library of quality material, then you might want to check your pulse. Even if you aren’t a producer, you should still be drooling because, if songs like All It Takes are any indication of what he found, we are in for a treat. DEF cooks up an 8 bit-esque production perfect for the similarly fluid, authentic styles of emcees Magestik Legend, Jamall Bufford and Hassaan Mackey. If you are eager to hear the rest of what DEF managed to dig up, then be sure to check out the album, 33 and a Third, when it drops in late July.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/19/13
Mello Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.