Last year, Seattle beatsmith and Booth newcomer DEF DEE signed a development deal with the ever-impressive Mello Music Group and was given access to the label’s library of unreleased/unused music. His task was to produce a full-length album using the orphaned material. If you are a producer and your mouth isn’t watering at the thought of a whole library of quality material, then you might want to check your pulse. Even if you aren’t a producer, you should still be drooling because, if songs like All It Takes are any indication of what he found, we are in for a treat. DEF cooks up an 8 bit-esque production perfect for the similarly fluid, authentic styles of emcees Magestik Legend, Jamall Bufford and Hassaan Mackey. If you are eager to hear the rest of what DEF managed to dig up, then be sure to check out the album, 33 and a Third, when it drops in late July.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/19/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.