Last year, Seattle beatsmith and Booth newcomer DEF DEE signed a development deal with the ever-impressive Mello Music Group and was given access to the label’s library of unreleased/unused music. His task was to produce a full-length album using the orphaned material. If you are a producer and your mouth isn’t watering at the thought of a whole library of quality material, then you might want to check your pulse. Even if you aren’t a producer, you should still be drooling because, if songs like All It Takes are any indication of what he found, we are in for a treat. DEF cooks up an 8 bit-esque production perfect for the similarly fluid, authentic styles of emcees Magestik Legend, Jamall Bufford and Hassaan Mackey. If you are eager to hear the rest of what DEF managed to dig up, then be sure to check out the album, 33 and a Third, when it drops in late July.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/19/13
Mello Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.