From the title of their latest single, Freedom, it might seem that Virginia Beach trio Def Beach Society are in search of some independence, but after one listen its safe to say that they’ve already attained it and much more. On Freedom, the trio boast about the success they’ve reached thus far with the backing of group member Roswell‘s melodic production, which is an intoxicating mix of keys and percussion. Keeping with the boastful tone of the record is emcee Nick Breeze, who raps, “Look at my wardrobe, this is what you call you swag/ These other rappers garbage, that’s why they talk trash.” Freedom can be found on the Virginia spitters’ Welcome To The World Of… album, which was released back in May. The video for this single is set for release soon and will be premiered on DJBooth.net.
Update: Click “Watch Video” or scroll down to view Def Beach Society’s Freedom visual.
Written by Danielle H. on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.