From the title of their latest single, Freedom, it might seem that Virginia Beach trio Def Beach Society are in search of some independence, but after one listen its safe to say that they’ve already attained it and much more. On Freedom, the trio boast about the success they’ve reached thus far with the backing of group member Roswell‘s melodic production, which is an intoxicating mix of keys and percussion. Keeping with the boastful tone of the record is emcee Nick Breeze, who raps, “Look at my wardrobe, this is what you call you swag/ These other rappers garbage, that’s why they talk trash.” Freedom can be found on the Virginia spitters’ Welcome To The World Of… album, which was released back in May. The video for this single is set for release soon and will be premiered on DJBooth.net.
Update: Click “Watch Video” or scroll down to view Def Beach Society’s Freedom visual.
Written by Danielle H. on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.