From the title of their latest single, Freedom, it might seem that Virginia Beach trio Def Beach Society are in search of some independence, but after one listen its safe to say that they’ve already attained it and much more. On Freedom, the trio boast about the success they’ve reached thus far with the backing of group member Roswell‘s melodic production, which is an intoxicating mix of keys and percussion. Keeping with the boastful tone of the record is emcee Nick Breeze, who raps, “Look at my wardrobe, this is what you call you swag/ These other rappers garbage, that’s why they talk trash.” Freedom can be found on the Virginia spitters’ Welcome To The World Of… album, which was released back in May. The video for this single is set for release soon and will be premiered on DJBooth.net.
Update: Click “Watch Video” or scroll down to view Def Beach Society’s Freedom visual.
Written by Danielle H. on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.