From the title of their latest single, Freedom, it might seem that Virginia Beach trio Def Beach Society are in search of some independence, but after one listen its safe to say that they’ve already attained it and much more. On Freedom, the trio boast about the success they’ve reached thus far with the backing of group member Roswell‘s melodic production, which is an intoxicating mix of keys and percussion. Keeping with the boastful tone of the record is emcee Nick Breeze, who raps, “Look at my wardrobe, this is what you call you swag/ These other rappers garbage, that’s why they talk trash.” Freedom can be found on the Virginia spitters’ Welcome To The World Of… album, which was released back in May. The video for this single is set for release soon and will be premiered on DJBooth.net.
Update: Click “Watch Video” or scroll down to view Def Beach Society’s Freedom visual.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.