From the title of their latest single, Freedom, it might seem that Virginia Beach trio Def Beach Society are in search of some independence, but after one listen its safe to say that they’ve already attained it and much more. On Freedom, the trio boast about the success they’ve reached thus far with the backing of group member Roswell‘s melodic production, which is an intoxicating mix of keys and percussion. Keeping with the boastful tone of the record is emcee Nick Breeze, who raps, “Look at my wardrobe, this is what you call you swag/ These other rappers garbage, that’s why they talk trash.” Freedom can be found on the Virginia spitters’ Welcome To The World Of… album, which was released back in May. The video for this single is set for release soon and will be premiered on DJBooth.net.
Update: Click “Watch Video” or scroll down to view Def Beach Society’s Freedom visual.
Written by Danielle H. on 01/28/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)