Rap may love an underdog, but it’ll take a predictable victory over a noble failure any day of the week. Just ask Booth newcomer DEEzo who passes up Rocky Balboa’s role to step into the shoes of world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed on this freshly-released mixtape cut. Centered around Kon Hathaway‘s production, an adrenaline-pumping arrangement centered around a looped, sampled chant, the San Diego-by-way-of-L.A. spitter lands blow after lyrical blow on the haters, “f**k n**gas” and lames who make up his competition. Has this bold and arrogant introduction whet your appetite for more from DEEzo? You’ll find what you seek on the artist’s TEN10EIGHTY7 tape, dropping digitally next Wednesday, October 10.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.