Rap may love an underdog, but it’ll take a predictable victory over a noble failure any day of the week. Just ask Booth newcomer DEEzo who passes up Rocky Balboa’s role to step into the shoes of world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed on this freshly-released mixtape cut. Centered around Kon Hathaway‘s production, an adrenaline-pumping arrangement centered around a looped, sampled chant, the San Diego-by-way-of-L.A. spitter lands blow after lyrical blow on the haters, “f**k n**gas” and lames who make up his competition. Has this bold and arrogant introduction whet your appetite for more from DEEzo? You’ll find what you seek on the artist’s TEN10EIGHTY7 tape, dropping digitally next Wednesday, October 10.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.