Rap may love an underdog, but it’ll take a predictable victory over a noble failure any day of the week. Just ask Booth newcomer DEEzo who passes up Rocky Balboa’s role to step into the shoes of world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed on this freshly-released mixtape cut. Centered around Kon Hathaway‘s production, an adrenaline-pumping arrangement centered around a looped, sampled chant, the San Diego-by-way-of-L.A. spitter lands blow after lyrical blow on the haters, “f**k n**gas” and lames who make up his competition. Has this bold and arrogant introduction whet your appetite for more from DEEzo? You’ll find what you seek on the artist’s TEN10EIGHTY7 tape, dropping digitally next Wednesday, October 10.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.