Rap may love an underdog, but it’ll take a predictable victory over a noble failure any day of the week. Just ask Booth newcomer DEEzo who passes up Rocky Balboa’s role to step into the shoes of world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed on this freshly-released mixtape cut. Centered around Kon Hathaway‘s production, an adrenaline-pumping arrangement centered around a looped, sampled chant, the San Diego-by-way-of-L.A. spitter lands blow after lyrical blow on the haters, “f**k n**gas” and lames who make up his competition. Has this bold and arrogant introduction whet your appetite for more from DEEzo? You’ll find what you seek on the artist’s TEN10EIGHTY7 tape, dropping digitally next Wednesday, October 10.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.