In the brutally-competitive music game, it’s not unusual for an up-and-comer to spend years hoping and praying before finally getting a shot at greatness (that’s if he or she doesn’t give up first). Dee-1, for one, isn’t taking any chances; on his latest mixtape leak, the New Orleans representative (and Best of the Booth award-winner) straight-up informs the powers that be that “It’s My Turn.” Rockaway Productions handles production duties, cooking up a sparse, organ-driven beat (complete with a hook sampled from Diana Ross’ joint of the same title) as Dee demonstrates exactly why heads need to reserve a seat on his bandwagon before it’s fully booked. Among other lofty boasts, the emcee claims: “If 2Pac and Lauryn Hill were married, I’d be their son” Think Dee-1’s got the skills to live up to that noble lineage? Those leaning towards the affirmative will undoubtedly enjoy what the artist’s got lined up for his Booth-sponsored I Hope They Hear Me (Volume 2) street album, set to hit our mixtape page on March 1.
Written by richard on 02/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)