Dee Goods has previously collaborated with Young Lyxx, The KickDrums and Wyld Stylaz on Booth-featured jams, but this cut, the lead single off his debut set, marks the first time we’ve seen him in the driver’s seat. And I mean that literally—the record finds him rolling through the city streets in his ride, an old-school Cutlass Supreme. Chris King‘s provides a string-laced beat that’s whip-ready, yet low-key, and Goodz modulates his flow to match; delivering his verses in a confident, conversational tone, he lowers his voice to a whisper for the record’s hook. Family, Friends, Money currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with new singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.