Dee Goods has previously collaborated with Young Lyxx, The KickDrums and Wyld Stylaz on Booth-featured jams, but this cut, the lead single off his debut set, marks the first time we’ve seen him in the driver’s seat. And I mean that literally—the record finds him rolling through the city streets in his ride, an old-school Cutlass Supreme. Chris King‘s provides a string-laced beat that’s whip-ready, yet low-key, and Goodz modulates his flow to match; delivering his verses in a confident, conversational tone, he lowers his voice to a whisper for the record’s hook. Family, Friends, Money currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with new singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.