Absent from the Booth since January’s release of his I’m On It! (Remix), New Orleans emcee Dee-1 is back on his grind with the appropriately titled SUAG (Shut Up And Grind). Described as being “the new swag,” SUAG is a woozy banger of a track that finds Dee-1 talking about all he’s gone through at the start of his music career. Flight School’s harmonious blend of keys and drum kicks on the production keeps with SUAG’s mellow tone, while Dee’s catchy hook keeps the song solid. Accompanying the release of SUAG is a BMike-directed video, which features Dee-1 and others, including a track star and mom, on their grind. SUAG serves as the first single off of the New Orleans emcee’s #TheFocusTape, which will be hosted by both DJ Drama and Mannie Fresh and drops September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Dee-1, the New Orleans rhymesayer who rose to acclaim on the strength of 2011's DJBooth-hosted I Hope They Hear Me, Vol. 2, has now unleashed that project's highly-anticipated follow-up. Hosted by fellow N.O. native and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.