Absent from the Booth since January’s release of his I’m On It! (Remix), New Orleans emcee Dee-1 is back on his grind with the appropriately titled SUAG (Shut Up And Grind). Described as being “the new swag,” SUAG is a woozy banger of a track that finds Dee-1 talking about all he’s gone through at the start of his music career. Flight School’s harmonious blend of keys and drum kicks on the production keeps with SUAG’s mellow tone, while Dee’s catchy hook keeps the song solid. Accompanying the release of SUAG is a BMike-directed video, which features Dee-1 and others, including a track star and mom, on their grind. SUAG serves as the first single off of the New Orleans emcee’s #TheFocusTape, which will be hosted by both DJ Drama and Mannie Fresh and drops September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.