Absent from the Booth since January’s release of his I’m On It! (Remix), New Orleans emcee Dee-1 is back on his grind with the appropriately titled SUAG (Shut Up And Grind). Described as being “the new swag,” SUAG is a woozy banger of a track that finds Dee-1 talking about all he’s gone through at the start of his music career. Flight School’s harmonious blend of keys and drum kicks on the production keeps with SUAG’s mellow tone, while Dee’s catchy hook keeps the song solid. Accompanying the release of SUAG is a BMike-directed video, which features Dee-1 and others, including a track star and mom, on their grind. SUAG serves as the first single off of the New Orleans emcee’s #TheFocusTape, which will be hosted by both DJ Drama and Mannie Fresh and drops September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.