Absent from the Booth since January’s release of his I’m On It! (Remix), New Orleans emcee Dee-1 is back on his grind with the appropriately titled SUAG (Shut Up And Grind). Described as being “the new swag,” SUAG is a woozy banger of a track that finds Dee-1 talking about all he’s gone through at the start of his music career. Flight School’s harmonious blend of keys and drum kicks on the production keeps with SUAG’s mellow tone, while Dee’s catchy hook keeps the song solid. Accompanying the release of SUAG is a BMike-directed video, which features Dee-1 and others, including a track star and mom, on their grind. SUAG serves as the first single off of the New Orleans emcee’s #TheFocusTape, which will be hosted by both DJ Drama and Mannie Fresh and drops September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.