Absent from the Booth since January’s release of his I’m On It! (Remix), New Orleans emcee Dee-1 is back on his grind with the appropriately titled SUAG (Shut Up And Grind). Described as being “the new swag,” SUAG is a woozy banger of a track that finds Dee-1 talking about all he’s gone through at the start of his music career. Flight School’s harmonious blend of keys and drum kicks on the production keeps with SUAG’s mellow tone, while Dee’s catchy hook keeps the song solid. Accompanying the release of SUAG is a BMike-directed video, which features Dee-1 and others, including a track star and mom, on their grind. SUAG serves as the first single off of the New Orleans emcee’s #TheFocusTape, which will be hosted by both DJ Drama and Mannie Fresh and drops September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.