For some, cruising the interstate on one’s lonesome is, well, lonesome. For others, like New Orleans emcee Dee-1, there’s no better company when one’s looking to decompress from the daily grind than the open road and some fresh tunes. On his latest mixtape leak, the Best of the Booth award-winner gives listeners a taste of the blissfully laid-back feeling he gets when he’s “Ridin’ all by Myself.” With Muhammed Ayers’ fittingly hypnotic, string-laced grooves pulsing in the background, Dee informs us just how committed he is to staying in his own lane – even if that means stopping at green lights and blazing through reds (don’t worry, though; he always wears his seatbelt). In a paradoxically fresh move, the headliner enlists two guests to share his solitude: Cali mainstay MURS enjoys a little “me time” in his breezy, pop-referential closing verse, and singer Syreeta Neal completes the picture with some luxurious hook and backup vocals. So, is this one going on your whip playlist? Then you’ll want to check back with us March 1, when the artist’s Booth-hosted I Hope They Hear Me (Vol. 2) street album arrives on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 02/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.