For some, cruising the interstate on one’s lonesome is, well, lonesome. For others, like New Orleans emcee Dee-1, there’s no better company when one’s looking to decompress from the daily grind than the open road and some fresh tunes. On his latest mixtape leak, the Best of the Booth award-winner gives listeners a taste of the blissfully laid-back feeling he gets when he’s “Ridin’ all by Myself.” With Muhammed Ayers’ fittingly hypnotic, string-laced grooves pulsing in the background, Dee informs us just how committed he is to staying in his own lane – even if that means stopping at green lights and blazing through reds (don’t worry, though; he always wears his seatbelt). In a paradoxically fresh move, the headliner enlists two guests to share his solitude: Cali mainstay MURS enjoys a little “me time” in his breezy, pop-referential closing verse, and singer Syreeta Neal completes the picture with some luxurious hook and backup vocals. So, is this one going on your whip playlist? Then you’ll want to check back with us March 1, when the artist’s Booth-hosted I Hope They Hear Me (Vol. 2) street album arrives on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 02/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.