For some, cruising the interstate on one’s lonesome is, well, lonesome. For others, like New Orleans emcee Dee-1, there’s no better company when one’s looking to decompress from the daily grind than the open road and some fresh tunes. On his latest mixtape leak, the Best of the Booth award-winner gives listeners a taste of the blissfully laid-back feeling he gets when he’s “Ridin’ all by Myself.” With Muhammed Ayers’ fittingly hypnotic, string-laced grooves pulsing in the background, Dee informs us just how committed he is to staying in his own lane – even if that means stopping at green lights and blazing through reds (don’t worry, though; he always wears his seatbelt). In a paradoxically fresh move, the headliner enlists two guests to share his solitude: Cali mainstay MURS enjoys a little “me time” in his breezy, pop-referential closing verse, and singer Syreeta Neal completes the picture with some luxurious hook and backup vocals. So, is this one going on your whip playlist? Then you’ll want to check back with us March 1, when the artist’s Booth-hosted I Hope They Hear Me (Vol. 2) street album arrives on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 02/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.