Fresh off his national tour with Thrift Shop chart-toppers Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Dee-1 is enjoying a higher profile in the game than ever before. Since there’s nothing that bitter failures hate more than watching a talented artist do it big, it should come as no surprise that the New Orleans-repping Booth fave has attracted some negative attention along with his positive buzz. On a new single off his next album, Dee informs his critics that their judgments are doomed to fall on deaf ears, spitting, “What’s a hater to a hero? / Only God Can Judge Me.” In the meantime, he’s simply gonna keep on winning. J Kits’ insistent piano loops back Dee as he luxuriates in his dope present and looks forward to an even brighter future. Fans will be able to find this single and much more on new album Psalms of David, due out next Wednesday, February 20. Following the project’s release, Dee-1 will be right back on the road, hitting 11 college towns across America over the course of his and Lecrae‘s Higher Learning tour.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)