We always knew that Dee-1 was going places, and now The Source is following our lead. The magazine’s current “Unsigned Hype” pick, the New Orleans repper (and freestyle series alumnus) fills us in on the ceaseless hustle that brought him to where he is today on a fresh unreleased jam. Produced by DJ Fu and Chin Chilla, this grind anthem isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those craving more music from Dee-1 can find what they seek on I Hope They Hear Me Vol. 2, available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.