President Barack Obama, Ellen DeGeneres, [every notorious gangster both real and fictional], these are just a few of the notable individuals who have been the subject of a hip-hop record, but as you’ve probably noticed there’s one person that’s tragically missing from that list. That person is none other than Mr. No Limit himself, Percy “Master P” Miller. Thanks to Freestyle Series Alum Dee-1 and his appropriately titled Master P we can finally add the No Limit founder to that list of notables. With a series of “uhhhh’s,” “I’m bout it, bout it’s,” and “na na na na’s” the New Orleans emcee shouts out the “hood hero” on the song’s hook, but switches to dropping rhymes on the grind as he goes in on Master P’s multiple verses. Adding to the P-inspired vibe of the record is CKP Productions whose bouncy production seems to be inspired by past No Limit records. Master P will be featured on Dee-1’s DJ Drama and Mannie Fresh-hosted The Focus Tape, which is set for release in September.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.