Looking back to the days of watching The Ultimate Warrior and Jimmy Snuka flying across my Zenith in the evenings always provides a feeling of nostalgic bliss. The soundtrack to those days was amazing, although I’ll admit I only remember songs here and there. One of those songs that has managed to stay in my hippocampus (that’s a part of your brain) throughout the years is Kris Kross’ 1992 hit Jump, so of course I love to hear when new rappers add their touch to the record and other songs of that era. Today we get just that on Dee-1’s latest drop-off, a Jump (Freestyle), in which the New Orleans native goes in over the Jermaine Dupro-produced ‘90s classic. The Freestyle Series alum’s freestyle will be found on DJ Hella Yella’s, All Freestyles Vol. 1 mixtape, dropping soon. And if you find yourself in Atlanta for A3C, be sure to check out Dee-1 on our stage on October 7.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.