There’s not a person among us who hasn’t thought, from time to time, about what he or she would do with a billion bucks. Me, I’d probably move to Paris (after setting my mom up in a new crib, of course). New Orleans rhymesayer Dee-1 has formulated a considerably more original, not to mention elaborate plan for the occasion, as he reveals on new single I’ll Pay for It, his first release as a RCA Records signee. Over Mannie Fresh‘s tuneful sample work, the Booth fave outlines his scheme to shut down the strip club—literally: he offers to pay any dancer’s salary for a year, on the condition that she begin working towards a new career. For this thought-provoking cut and much more, check out Dee’s Psalms of David II tape when it drops digitally on Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.