There’s not a person among us who hasn’t thought, from time to time, about what he or she would do with a billion bucks. Me, I’d probably move to Paris (after setting my mom up in a new crib, of course). New Orleans rhymesayer Dee-1 has formulated a considerably more original, not to mention elaborate plan for the occasion, as he reveals on new single I’ll Pay for It, his first release as a RCA Records signee. Over Mannie Fresh‘s tuneful sample work, the Booth fave outlines his scheme to shut down the strip club—literally: he offers to pay any dancer’s salary for a year, on the condition that she begin working towards a new career. For this thought-provoking cut and much more, check out Dee’s Psalms of David II tape when it drops digitally on Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.