There’s not a person among us who hasn’t thought, from time to time, about what he or she would do with a billion bucks. Me, I’d probably move to Paris (after setting my mom up in a new crib, of course). New Orleans rhymesayer Dee-1 has formulated a considerably more original, not to mention elaborate plan for the occasion, as he reveals on new single I’ll Pay for It, his first release as a RCA Records signee. Over Mannie Fresh‘s tuneful sample work, the Booth fave outlines his scheme to shut down the strip club—literally: he offers to pay any dancer’s salary for a year, on the condition that she begin working towards a new career. For this thought-provoking cut and much more, check out Dee’s Psalms of David II tape when it drops digitally on Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.