There’s not a person among us who hasn’t thought, from time to time, about what he or she would do with a billion bucks. Me, I’d probably move to Paris (after setting my mom up in a new crib, of course). New Orleans rhymesayer Dee-1 has formulated a considerably more original, not to mention elaborate plan for the occasion, as he reveals on new single I’ll Pay for It, his first release as a RCA Records signee. Over Mannie Fresh‘s tuneful sample work, the Booth fave outlines his scheme to shut down the strip club—literally: he offers to pay any dancer’s salary for a year, on the condition that she begin working towards a new career. For this thought-provoking cut and much more, check out Dee’s Psalms of David II tape when it drops digitally on Tuesday, November 19.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jay, 50 and Weezy" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.