For an artist with a distinctive and unorthodox vision, creating work that appeals to mainstream sensibilities can be a painful and frustrating, if not futile task. That’s why, after struggling to conform the public tastes, ReadNex Poetry Squad alum Decora finally said “F**k it” and decided to simply do him. And it’s a damn good thing he did—though new promo single RADIO (his solo Booth debut) isn’t about to get played on today’s Top 40 airwaves, its adventurous vibe is sure to catch the attention of listeners in the Booth. Didgeridoo drones and syncopated guitar riffs collide with a blistering breakbeat as the artist delivers rapid-fire, allusive bars. On his sung hook, he urges listeners to follow his example and “be who you wanna be,” rather than following the pack. This genre-bending banger is unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Decora’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)