For an artist with a distinctive and unorthodox vision, creating work that appeals to mainstream sensibilities can be a painful and frustrating, if not futile task. That’s why, after struggling to conform the public tastes, ReadNex Poetry Squad alum Decora finally said “F**k it” and decided to simply do him. And it’s a damn good thing he did—though new promo single RADIO (his solo Booth debut) isn’t about to get played on today’s Top 40 airwaves, its adventurous vibe is sure to catch the attention of listeners in the Booth. Didgeridoo drones and syncopated guitar riffs collide with a blistering breakbeat as the artist delivers rapid-fire, allusive bars. On his sung hook, he urges listeners to follow his example and “be who you wanna be,” rather than following the pack. This genre-bending banger is unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Decora’s plans as further details emerge.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!