For an artist with a distinctive and unorthodox vision, creating work that appeals to mainstream sensibilities can be a painful and frustrating, if not futile task. That’s why, after struggling to conform the public tastes, ReadNex Poetry Squad alum Decora finally said “F**k it” and decided to simply do him. And it’s a damn good thing he did—though new promo single RADIO (his solo Booth debut) isn’t about to get played on today’s Top 40 airwaves, its adventurous vibe is sure to catch the attention of listeners in the Booth. Didgeridoo drones and syncopated guitar riffs collide with a blistering breakbeat as the artist delivers rapid-fire, allusive bars. On his sung hook, he urges listeners to follow his example and “be who you wanna be,” rather than following the pack. This genre-bending banger is unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Decora’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.