For an artist with a distinctive and unorthodox vision, creating work that appeals to mainstream sensibilities can be a painful and frustrating, if not futile task. That’s why, after struggling to conform the public tastes, ReadNex Poetry Squad alum Decora finally said “F**k it” and decided to simply do him. And it’s a damn good thing he did—though new promo single RADIO (his solo Booth debut) isn’t about to get played on today’s Top 40 airwaves, its adventurous vibe is sure to catch the attention of listeners in the Booth. Didgeridoo drones and syncopated guitar riffs collide with a blistering breakbeat as the artist delivers rapid-fire, allusive bars. On his sung hook, he urges listeners to follow his example and “be who you wanna be,” rather than following the pack. This genre-bending banger is unattached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Decora’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.