ReadNex Poetry Squad‘s Decora drew some of his most powerful musical inspiration from a figure that, on the surface, is about as far removed from the world of hip-hop as you could imagine: Pete Seeger, the political activist and folk legend who penned classics like Where Have All the Flowers Gone? Newly-released promo single Flowers, however, is as close to the late singer’s spirit as it is distant from his sound. Over his and Nico Marchese‘s slow-burning electronic grooves, Decora outlines his spiritually-informed approach to politics, and expresses nostalgia for a simpler and more harmonious time. Flowers isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh song releases from the Debefore Records signee.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.