ReadNex Poetry Squad‘s Decora drew some of his most powerful musical inspiration from a figure that, on the surface, is about as far removed from the world of hip-hop as you could imagine: Pete Seeger, the political activist and folk legend who penned classics like Where Have All the Flowers Gone? Newly-released promo single Flowers, however, is as close to the late singer’s spirit as it is distant from his sound. Over his and Nico Marchese‘s slow-burning electronic grooves, Decora outlines his spiritually-informed approach to politics, and expresses nostalgia for a simpler and more harmonious time. Flowers isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh song releases from the Debefore Records signee.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.