ReadNex Poetry Squad‘s Decora drew some of his most powerful musical inspiration from a figure that, on the surface, is about as far removed from the world of hip-hop as you could imagine: Pete Seeger, the political activist and folk legend who penned classics like Where Have All the Flowers Gone? Newly-released promo single Flowers, however, is as close to the late singer’s spirit as it is distant from his sound. Over his and Nico Marchese‘s slow-burning electronic grooves, Decora outlines his spiritually-informed approach to politics, and expresses nostalgia for a simpler and more harmonious time. Flowers isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh song releases from the Debefore Records signee.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.