According to the Book of Genesis, when God drove Adam and Eve out of Eden, he placed a cherub armed with a flaming sword at the gate to discourage re-entry. (That’s the badass, Old Testament kind of cherub, not one of those fat babies from Renaissance art.) Deca apparently thinks he can take the heat; on new single Edenville, the Queens rhymesayer contemplates leaving his current life behind and hopping a train back to Paradise. Like 2011 Booth debut Due Time, this joint finds Deca doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards. A low-key, sampled groove seasoned with sitar and old-school cuts sets the stage for poetic verses steeped in Judaeo-Christian imagery. Feeling it? You can expect more quality beats and thought-provoking bars on forthcoming EP The Ocean, scheduled to drop digitally September 24.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.