According to the Book of Genesis, when God drove Adam and Eve out of Eden, he placed a cherub armed with a flaming sword at the gate to discourage re-entry. (That’s the badass, Old Testament kind of cherub, not one of those fat babies from Renaissance art.) Deca apparently thinks he can take the heat; on new single Edenville, the Queens rhymesayer contemplates leaving his current life behind and hopping a train back to Paradise. Like 2011 Booth debut Due Time, this joint finds Deca doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards. A low-key, sampled groove seasoned with sitar and old-school cuts sets the stage for poetic verses steeped in Judaeo-Christian imagery. Feeling it? You can expect more quality beats and thought-provoking bars on forthcoming EP The Ocean, scheduled to drop digitally September 24.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.