According to the Book of Genesis, when God drove Adam and Eve out of Eden, he placed a cherub armed with a flaming sword at the gate to discourage re-entry. (That’s the badass, Old Testament kind of cherub, not one of those fat babies from Renaissance art.) Deca apparently thinks he can take the heat; on new single Edenville, the Queens rhymesayer contemplates leaving his current life behind and hopping a train back to Paradise. Like 2011 Booth debut Due Time, this joint finds Deca doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards. A low-key, sampled groove seasoned with sitar and old-school cuts sets the stage for poetic verses steeped in Judaeo-Christian imagery. Feeling it? You can expect more quality beats and thought-provoking bars on forthcoming EP The Ocean, scheduled to drop digitally September 24.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.