According to the Book of Genesis, when God drove Adam and Eve out of Eden, he placed a cherub armed with a flaming sword at the gate to discourage re-entry. (That’s the badass, Old Testament kind of cherub, not one of those fat babies from Renaissance art.) Deca apparently thinks he can take the heat; on new single Edenville, the Queens rhymesayer contemplates leaving his current life behind and hopping a train back to Paradise. Like 2011 Booth debut Due Time, this joint finds Deca doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards. A low-key, sampled groove seasoned with sitar and old-school cuts sets the stage for poetic verses steeped in Judaeo-Christian imagery. Feeling it? You can expect more quality beats and thought-provoking bars on forthcoming EP The Ocean, scheduled to drop digitally September 24.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.