According to the Book of Genesis, when God drove Adam and Eve out of Eden, he placed a cherub armed with a flaming sword at the gate to discourage re-entry. (That’s the badass, Old Testament kind of cherub, not one of those fat babies from Renaissance art.) Deca apparently thinks he can take the heat; on new single Edenville, the Queens rhymesayer contemplates leaving his current life behind and hopping a train back to Paradise. Like 2011 Booth debut Due Time, this joint finds Deca doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards. A low-key, sampled groove seasoned with sitar and old-school cuts sets the stage for poetic verses steeped in Judaeo-Christian imagery. Feeling it? You can expect more quality beats and thought-provoking bars on forthcoming EP The Ocean, scheduled to drop digitally September 24.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.