If you’re friends with Kosha Dillz, your mic skills must be pretty legit, right? Introduced to DJBooth by the Jersey phenom, Booth newcomer Deca is a living testament to the truth of my hypothesis. A cut off the Queens repper’s latest full-length, newly-selected single Due Time finds the artist doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, flipping a spacey jazz sample to back his meditations on life, the grind, and the seductive power of narcotics. Digging it? Then you’re sure to find more to your liking on The Veil, released back in March and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/5/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.