If you’re friends with Kosha Dillz, your mic skills must be pretty legit, right? Introduced to DJBooth by the Jersey phenom, Booth newcomer Deca is a living testament to the truth of my hypothesis. A cut off the Queens repper’s latest full-length, newly-selected single Due Time finds the artist doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, flipping a spacey jazz sample to back his meditations on life, the grind, and the seductive power of narcotics. Digging it? Then you’re sure to find more to your liking on The Veil, released back in March and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/5/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.