If you’re friends with Kosha Dillz, your mic skills must be pretty legit, right? Introduced to DJBooth by the Jersey phenom, Booth newcomer Deca is a living testament to the truth of my hypothesis. A cut off the Queens repper’s latest full-length, newly-selected single Due Time finds the artist doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, flipping a spacey jazz sample to back his meditations on life, the grind, and the seductive power of narcotics. Digging it? Then you’re sure to find more to your liking on The Veil, released back in March and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/5/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.