If you’re friends with Kosha Dillz, your mic skills must be pretty legit, right? Introduced to DJBooth by the Jersey phenom, Booth newcomer Deca is a living testament to the truth of my hypothesis. A cut off the Queens repper’s latest full-length, newly-selected single Due Time finds the artist doing double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, flipping a spacey jazz sample to back his meditations on life, the grind, and the seductive power of narcotics. Digging it? Then you’re sure to find more to your liking on The Veil, released back in March and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/5/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.