Here at The DJBooth we often come across a song that is dedicated to a sport or pop culture icon. Booth newcomers Death PXP have taken this happening to a whole new level, however, with the release of Manson, which appears to be named after serial killer Charles Manson. Now, I don’t know if this song is actually named after him, but the visuals, vibe, and lyrics seem like they are right up Manson’s twisted alley. As the self-produced staggering, trap-on-drugs beat contorts, the duo showcases their left of center, oddly fluid flow. The pair’s abstract approach to the bars is only outdone by the off-the-wall visuals, which feature a plethora of spooky statues and a girl, who is wearing some short-shorts and smashing TV’s. Did the group’s uniquely dark style catch your attention? If so, be sure to check out The Diamond Couch EP, out now.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.