Here at The DJBooth we often come across a song that is dedicated to a sport or pop culture icon. Booth newcomers Death PXP have taken this happening to a whole new level, however, with the release of Manson, which appears to be named after serial killer Charles Manson. Now, I don’t know if this song is actually named after him, but the visuals, vibe, and lyrics seem like they are right up Manson’s twisted alley. As the self-produced staggering, trap-on-drugs beat contorts, the duo showcases their left of center, oddly fluid flow. The pair’s abstract approach to the bars is only outdone by the off-the-wall visuals, which feature a plethora of spooky statues and a girl, who is wearing some short-shorts and smashing TV’s. Did the group’s uniquely dark style catch your attention? If so, be sure to check out The Diamond Couch EP, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.