Here at The DJBooth we often come across a song that is dedicated to a sport or pop culture icon. Booth newcomers Death PXP have taken this happening to a whole new level, however, with the release of Manson, which appears to be named after serial killer Charles Manson. Now, I don’t know if this song is actually named after him, but the visuals, vibe, and lyrics seem like they are right up Manson’s twisted alley. As the self-produced staggering, trap-on-drugs beat contorts, the duo showcases their left of center, oddly fluid flow. The pair’s abstract approach to the bars is only outdone by the off-the-wall visuals, which feature a plethora of spooky statues and a girl, who is wearing some short-shorts and smashing TV’s. Did the group’s uniquely dark style catch your attention? If so, be sure to check out The Diamond Couch EP, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.