Though cruising for chicks typically involves the use of a vehicle, there is something to be said for just Walkin’ Around; not only are you able to sidestep the problem of city traffic, but you can ogle to your heart’s content without keeping one eye on the road. Booth newcomers Dean and Ravo clearly know what I’m talking about. The Harlem natives’ current single finds them enjoying the simple pleasure of a leisurely (and lecherous) stroll; backed by APSuperProducer‘s adeptly-flipped sample work (drawn from my favorite Daft Punk tune, Digital Love), the twosome size up the females in their neighborhood, taking care not to blow their cover: “There she go, there she go, and she don’t even know that she modelin’ for me, cause I keep it on the low.” Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and eventually they get spotted – may I recommend rocking shades next time? An ode to traveling à pied that’s anything but pedestrian, this catchy cut is just one of many to be found on Dean and Ravo’s A to B mixtape, scheduled to hit the ‘net February 28.
Written by richard on 01/24/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.