Like a rude houseguest, love tends to show up when it’s neither expected nor welcome, mess up your crib, drink the last of your milk and generally make a nuisance of itself. Then, just when you’re starting to enjoy its company, it’s liable to up and leave with nary a thank-you or goodbye. In a word, it’s Cruel. De-Lor knows what I’m talking about; on his first Booth feature, the Boston singer/songwriter struggles vainly to convince himself that he’s not falling head-over-heels for a new girl, afraid of what the consequences of might be. Over K.J.‘s poignant instrumental, which builds from delicate acoustic-guitar strums and four-on-the-floor percussion to an sweeping power-ballad chorus, the singer laments, “I feel so lonely in my bedroom, I can still smell her perfume on my pillow / Lately I’ve been lyin’ so much I believe myself, that I don’t need her.” How about it, Booth readers: is your heart aflutter for this lovelorn jam? Then chance are vous adorerez the rest of the fresh material to be found on De-Lor’s J’Adore LP, released in late October and available now online. In addition, fans can click here to peep the artist’s new, live acoustic rendition of Cruel.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.