Like a rude houseguest, love tends to show up when it’s neither expected nor welcome, mess up your crib, drink the last of your milk and generally make a nuisance of itself. Then, just when you’re starting to enjoy its company, it’s liable to up and leave with nary a thank-you or goodbye. In a word, it’s Cruel. De-Lor knows what I’m talking about; on his first Booth feature, the Boston singer/songwriter struggles vainly to convince himself that he’s not falling head-over-heels for a new girl, afraid of what the consequences of might be. Over K.J.‘s poignant instrumental, which builds from delicate acoustic-guitar strums and four-on-the-floor percussion to an sweeping power-ballad chorus, the singer laments, “I feel so lonely in my bedroom, I can still smell her perfume on my pillow / Lately I’ve been lyin’ so much I believe myself, that I don’t need her.” How about it, Booth readers: is your heart aflutter for this lovelorn jam? Then chance are vous adorerez the rest of the fresh material to be found on De-Lor’s J’Adore LP, released in late October and available now online. In addition, fans can click here to peep the artist’s new, live acoustic rendition of Cruel.
Written by richard on 12/13/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.