Like a rude houseguest, love tends to show up when it’s neither expected nor welcome, mess up your crib, drink the last of your milk and generally make a nuisance of itself. Then, just when you’re starting to enjoy its company, it’s liable to up and leave with nary a thank-you or goodbye. In a word, it’s Cruel. De-Lor knows what I’m talking about; on his first Booth feature, the Boston singer/songwriter struggles vainly to convince himself that he’s not falling head-over-heels for a new girl, afraid of what the consequences of might be. Over K.J.‘s poignant instrumental, which builds from delicate acoustic-guitar strums and four-on-the-floor percussion to an sweeping power-ballad chorus, the singer laments, “I feel so lonely in my bedroom, I can still smell her perfume on my pillow / Lately I’ve been lyin’ so much I believe myself, that I don’t need her.” How about it, Booth readers: is your heart aflutter for this lovelorn jam? Then chance are vous adorerez the rest of the fresh material to be found on De-Lor’s J’Adore LP, released in late October and available now online. In addition, fans can click here to peep the artist’s new, live acoustic rendition of Cruel.
Written by richard on 12/13/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.