Like a rude houseguest, love tends to show up when it’s neither expected nor welcome, mess up your crib, drink the last of your milk and generally make a nuisance of itself. Then, just when you’re starting to enjoy its company, it’s liable to up and leave with nary a thank-you or goodbye. In a word, it’s Cruel. De-Lor knows what I’m talking about; on his first Booth feature, the Boston singer/songwriter struggles vainly to convince himself that he’s not falling head-over-heels for a new girl, afraid of what the consequences of might be. Over K.J.‘s poignant instrumental, which builds from delicate acoustic-guitar strums and four-on-the-floor percussion to an sweeping power-ballad chorus, the singer laments, “I feel so lonely in my bedroom, I can still smell her perfume on my pillow / Lately I’ve been lyin’ so much I believe myself, that I don’t need her.” How about it, Booth readers: is your heart aflutter for this lovelorn jam? Then chance are vous adorerez the rest of the fresh material to be found on De-Lor’s J’Adore LP, released in late October and available now online. In addition, fans can click here to peep the artist’s new, live acoustic rendition of Cruel.
Written by richard on 12/13/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)