On the intro to disc two off the Wu-Tang Clan‘s sophomore set, Wu-Tang Forever, RZA spoke out against the “weak” music gaining prominence in the hip-hop game. Since he recorded that message in the late nineties, that trend has only become more pronounced. The situation is so dire, in fact, that it’s inspired veteran crew De La Soul to cut their first single in nine years. Get Away finds group member Posdnous channeling “The Spirit of the WU” behind the mixing boards, serving up a tense, bell-sampled beat to back him, Dave and Maseo as they remind us what real MCing sounds like. This record is the lead effort off De La’s eighth studio album, You’re Welcome. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the set’s arrival on store shelves this fall.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.