On the intro to disc two off the Wu-Tang Clan‘s sophomore set, Wu-Tang Forever, RZA spoke out against the “weak” music gaining prominence in the hip-hop game. Since he recorded that message in the late nineties, that trend has only become more pronounced. The situation is so dire, in fact, that it’s inspired veteran crew De La Soul to cut their first single in nine years. Get Away finds group member Posdnous channeling “The Spirit of the WU” behind the mixing boards, serving up a tense, bell-sampled beat to back him, Dave and Maseo as they remind us what real MCing sounds like. This record is the lead effort off De La’s eighth studio album, You’re Welcome. Fans can, of course, keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the set’s arrival on store shelves this fall.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Mouf" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.