With spring in full swing, there’s no better time to start that exercise regimen! If you’ve been putting off getting in shape for lack of an appropriately energetic, yet still cerebral hip-hop soundtrack for your morning jog, you’ll be happy to hear that alt-rap icons De La Soul have partnered with Nike for the latest installment of Original Run, a series of mixes specifically designed to match the pace of your average workout. Newly-released cut Big Mouf, for example, sounds like it’s meant to be played just as you’re beginning to break a sweat. The syncopated percussion and occasional sampled flourishes that back Supa Big Dave’s beat convey a feeling of mounting energy as Posdnuos, Trugoy, and Maseo spit engaging verses sure to occupy listeners’ minds as they begin to feel the burn. Good hip-hop first and workout music second, this bracing cut is an enjoyable listen even if you’re sitting still (I’m not running as I type this, after all). Even so, those looking to lose a few pounds can find plenty of motivation in Are You In? (out now on iTunes).
Listen to More: De La Soul Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turning Me Off" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.