With spring in full swing, there’s no better time to start that exercise regimen! If you’ve been putting off getting in shape for lack of an appropriately energetic, yet still cerebral hip-hop soundtrack for your morning jog, you’ll be happy to hear that alt-rap icons De La Soul have partnered with Nike for the latest installment of Original Run, a series of mixes specifically designed to match the pace of your average workout. Newly-released cut Big Mouf, for example, sounds like it’s meant to be played just as you’re beginning to break a sweat. The syncopated percussion and occasional sampled flourishes that back Supa Big Dave’s beat convey a feeling of mounting energy as Posdnuos, Trugoy, and Maseo spit engaging verses sure to occupy listeners’ minds as they begin to feel the burn. Good hip-hop first and workout music second, this bracing cut is an enjoyable listen even if you’re sitting still (I’m not running as I type this, after all). Even so, those looking to lose a few pounds can find plenty of motivation in Are You In? (out now on iTunes).
Written by richard on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turning Me Off" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.