As we learned earlier this month, when the DMV buzzmaker brought us the Dre-sampling Hands Up, D.C. Don Juan cares just as much about his paper as he does about the ladies. But hey, even a rapper named after a legendary womanizer’s gotta eat, right? On his latest mixtape leak (making its world premiere in the Booth!), the up-and-comer continues in this cash-centric vein, asking both the guys and the gals in the crowd to Say Yeah if you “Get It Like Me.” Best Kept Secret once again handles things on the production end, cooking up a street-ready blend of synths and samples as the artist flaunts his luxurious lifestyle – not only does the man own a whip that would make most fellas green with envy, he also consumes Rozay by the pound. (Which isn’t all that extravagant, actually; assuming that Rozay is roughly as heavy as water, one pound would convert to about one pint. Regardless, the line does sound cool.) Topped off with some hyped-up guest vocals from DJ QuickSilva, this track and much more can by found on the artist’s Juanted (Destroy & Rebuild) mixtape, set to hit our frontpage in August.
Written by richard on 07/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Back to You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.