Don’t let the stage name fool you: D.C. Don Juan may have borrowed his moniker from literature’s most legendary womanizer, but those who assume the Booth newcomer’s a lover rather than a fighter may be surprised by the aggressive tendencies he showcases on his latest single. Kicked off with a shout of “Everybody Hands Up, it’s a robbery!”, this hard-hitting cut finds Pretty Girls production crew The Best Kept Secret flipping a tweaked version of the beat from Dr. Dre‘s The Next Episode as Don Juan performs a lyrical shakedown, demonstrating just how unstoppable he is when he’s in pursuit of the Almighty dollar. Focused squarely on the pursuit of paper, Don Juan’s bars nonetheless come laced with enough witty turns of phrase to keep lyrical heads entertained; in addition to expressing dissatisfaction with being “slept-on like the Days Inn,” he tells his peers “If grind was a breast, you’d be an A-cup.” Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked – the artist’s Juanted (Destroy & Rebuild) LP has yet to receive a solid release date from Battery/Jive, but we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest.
Written by richard on 07/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Back to You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.