D’BANJ and his two guests, Big Sean and Snoop Lion, love green. No, not the kind you smoke, but the kind you use to buy stuff (although I know Snoop LOVES the first kind, too). Considering his love affair with making coin, it makes sense that D’BANJ titled his latest effort Blame It on the Money. The beat is quite unique; it blends a trap foundation with a slight Island vibe, as though it came from a Jamaican trap house. Atop the beat, Sean, Snoop and D’BANJ showcase diverse, yet complimentary styles; Sean is on the rapping side of the spectrum, BANJ on the reggae side, and Snoop is a healthy medium, bridging the gap between his collaborators. Blame It on the Money is part of D’s forthcoming D’ Kings Men LP, due out soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/26/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scape Goat (Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.