D’BANJ and his two guests, Big Sean and Snoop Lion, love green. No, not the kind you smoke, but the kind you use to buy stuff (although I know Snoop LOVES the first kind, too). Considering his love affair with making coin, it makes sense that D’BANJ titled his latest effort Blame It on the Money. The beat is quite unique; it blends a trap foundation with a slight Island vibe, as though it came from a Jamaican trap house. Atop the beat, Sean, Snoop and D’BANJ showcase diverse, yet complimentary styles; Sean is on the rapping side of the spectrum, BANJ on the reggae side, and Snoop is a healthy medium, bridging the gap between his collaborators. Blame It on the Money is part of D’s forthcoming D’ Kings Men LP, due out soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scape Goat (Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.