On her latest single, Katy Perry departs from the bubbly pop stylings of previous hits to craft a soaring power ballad dedicated to a man whom she loves Unconditionally. The cut’s emotional power wasn’t lost on multi-talented N.Y. native DB2, who reworks it into a soulfully understated burner on his latest promo single. In place of the original’s explosive, Dr. Luke/Max Martin/Cirkut-produced beat, the headliner crafts a sensual groove driven by subtly jazzy keyboard chords. His gently-cooed vocals perfectly complement the instrumental’s soothing vibe. This cover isn’t attached to a larger set, but the original can be found on Perry’s Prism LP, out now in stores and online. For more from DB2, cop his Tears Signal Flow, Vol. 1 EP, released to iTunes earlier this month.
Written by richard on 11/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.