DB2‘s girl is more than just a significant other; she’s his saving grace. On a new promo single, the follow-up to his reader-approved reimagining of Katy Perry‘s Unconditionally, the N.Y.-based singer-songwriter and producer lets her know just how huge an impact she’s had on his life: “I was lost until you found me / That’s why I’ll Never Let You Go.” The record’s tender subject matter doesn’t stop DB2 from going H.A.M. behind the boards. With the help of co-producers Gnyus and Den-Z, he cooks up a bustling mix of synths, samples and bass-booming percussion to back his declarations of romantic devotion. Never Let You Go is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it should stay tuned to The DJBooth. We’ll keep you posted on the unsigned buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)