DB2‘s girl is more than just a significant other; she’s his saving grace. On a new promo single, the follow-up to his reader-approved reimagining of Katy Perry‘s Unconditionally, the N.Y.-based singer-songwriter and producer lets her know just how huge an impact she’s had on his life: “I was lost until you found me / That’s why I’ll Never Let You Go.” The record’s tender subject matter doesn’t stop DB2 from going H.A.M. behind the boards. With the help of co-producers Gnyus and Den-Z, he cooks up a bustling mix of synths, samples and bass-booming percussion to back his declarations of romantic devotion. Never Let You Go is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it should stay tuned to The DJBooth. We’ll keep you posted on the unsigned buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.