DB2‘s girl is more than just a significant other; she’s his saving grace. On a new promo single, the follow-up to his reader-approved reimagining of Katy Perry‘s Unconditionally, the N.Y.-based singer-songwriter and producer lets her know just how huge an impact she’s had on his life: “I was lost until you found me / That’s why I’ll Never Let You Go.” The record’s tender subject matter doesn’t stop DB2 from going H.A.M. behind the boards. With the help of co-producers Gnyus and Den-Z, he cooks up a bustling mix of synths, samples and bass-booming percussion to back his declarations of romantic devotion. Never Let You Go is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it should stay tuned to The DJBooth. We’ll keep you posted on the unsigned buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.