DB2‘s girl is more than just a significant other; she’s his saving grace. On a new promo single, the follow-up to his reader-approved reimagining of Katy Perry‘s Unconditionally, the N.Y.-based singer-songwriter and producer lets her know just how huge an impact she’s had on his life: “I was lost until you found me / That’s why I’ll Never Let You Go.” The record’s tender subject matter doesn’t stop DB2 from going H.A.M. behind the boards. With the help of co-producers Gnyus and Den-Z, he cooks up a bustling mix of synths, samples and bass-booming percussion to back his declarations of romantic devotion. Never Let You Go is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it should stay tuned to The DJBooth. We’ll keep you posted on the unsigned buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)