DB2‘s girl is more than just a significant other; she’s his saving grace. On a new promo single, the follow-up to his reader-approved reimagining of Katy Perry‘s Unconditionally, the N.Y.-based singer-songwriter and producer lets her know just how huge an impact she’s had on his life: “I was lost until you found me / That’s why I’ll Never Let You Go.” The record’s tender subject matter doesn’t stop DB2 from going H.A.M. behind the boards. With the help of co-producers Gnyus and Den-Z, he cooks up a bustling mix of synths, samples and bass-booming percussion to back his declarations of romantic devotion. Never Let You Go is unattached to any larger project, but those feeling it should stay tuned to The DJBooth. We’ll keep you posted on the unsigned buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.