Some things are simply Meant to Be. For example, it’s been upwards of a year and a half since DB2 made his first Booth appearance as a guest on Najee the 1‘s Elevated, but I had no doubt that the unsigned singer, songwriter and producer was destined to return for a solo feature. As befitting a Booth debut, this freshly-minted promo single showcases the full range of the artist’s talents. In addition to penning and performing the joint’s lovestruck verses and hook, DB2 crafts a glossy, synth-driven backdrop for his vocals. R&B songstress Kiah Victoria guests, taking center stage on verse two and duetting with her collaborator on the record’s hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Meant to Be is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on the NYC buzzmaker’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.