If you see Daz Dillinger and WC careening around a Los Angeles corner, weed smoke pouring out the windows of their old-school whip, you’d best stay Stay out the Way. On a fresh single off their latest album, the veteran duo offer fair warning of the grisly fate that awaits those who impede their paper chase. The follow-up to May’s Booth-acclaimed Late Nite, this cut finds the twosome trading gruff, booming verses over Dillinger’s own boardwork, a head-nodding blend of keyboard loops, lumbering brass and slow-rolling percussion. Heavyweight homie Snoop Dogg tags along for the ride, assisting on the hook as well as providing an ad-libbed intro. Like what you’re hearing? More West Coast Gangsta Sh*t awaits on Daz and WC’s aptly-titled new album, out now via EMPIRE.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.