If you see Daz Dillinger and WC careening around a Los Angeles corner, weed smoke pouring out the windows of their old-school whip, you’d best stay Stay out the Way. On a fresh single off their latest album, the veteran duo offer fair warning of the grisly fate that awaits those who impede their paper chase. The follow-up to May’s Booth-acclaimed Late Nite, this cut finds the twosome trading gruff, booming verses over Dillinger’s own boardwork, a head-nodding blend of keyboard loops, lumbering brass and slow-rolling percussion. Heavyweight homie Snoop Dogg tags along for the ride, assisting on the hook as well as providing an ad-libbed intro. Like what you’re hearing? More West Coast Gangsta Sh*t awaits on Daz and WC’s aptly-titled new album, out now via EMPIRE.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.