As someone who regularly stays up as late as three in the morning searching for fresh tunes, I’d like to think I know a little something about Late Nite music, and the latest feature from Daz Dillinger and WC is definitely perfect for the wee hours of the evening. Behind the boards, Daz shows his L.B.C. roots by cooking up a soulful, swingin’ beat full of Cali-approved samples. He impresses on the mic as well, fusing a booming flow with a laid-back, charismatic delivery, while his partner-in-rhyme WC exhibits a speedier and more aggressive flow that nonetheless fits with the record’s relaxed vibe. If the veteran duo won you over with this quality effort, be on the lookout for their collaborative album, West Coast Gangsta Sh*t, due out in early July via EMPIRE Distribution.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.